Copyright © 2003-2004
Martin Heide <email@example.com> (programming, artwork, homepage),
Erich Klassen (EMIX) of Da Real Crew (cool music) and Tobias Kortkamp <firstname.lastname@example.org>
(porting to Linux).
Stonoid is a 2D-Breakout game with some extensions to the original.
We have just released version 0.3 which unfortunately only runs under Windows
(95, 98, ME, 2000, XP). A Linux and perhaps a Zaurus and MacOS version will be released soon.
If you succeed in porting the game to another OS,
please send us your patches, makefiles, etc.
- PC: x86 processor with at least 200MHz
- Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000 or XP
- Graphics card @ 1024x768
- Sound card
Stonoid 0.3 uses the following platform-independent libraries:
(version 1.2.4, for graphics),
(version 6b, for JPEG decompression),
(version 1.2.5, for PNG decompression),
(version 1.1.4, also for PNG decompression) and
(version 3.71, for playing sound).
To know whether you want to download Stonoid, you should have a look at the
Changes since version 0.2
- Background music (by Erich)
- Title in main menu
- Display of credits in main menu
- Powerup help
- Transparent shadows (lowers the framerate, so it is disabled by default)
- Fixed some irrelevant bugs (which nobody would have noticed)
- You only must download one ZIP-file now (instead of 2 or 3 in the last release)
- New HTML documentation in German and English (which you are reading at the moment)